Sports play a pivotal role in shaping one’s personality and maintaining good health. We’ve specially developed a sports environment that matches international standards and gives a truly global experience to all our students. All of which is provided to them on the campus.
There are multiple sport facilities to keep our students engaged and physically fit.
Being one of the most popular sports in colleges, basketball is played by a large number of students in the evenings. We have a dedicated basketball coach and a well equipped sports department to help the budding players in every way they can.
The university campus has a football ground with lush green grass for the most widely played and followed sport in the world. An experienced football coach will train the team with all the required equipments in the evenings.
A religion to most people in India than a sport and for the students of the Glocal University is no different. The infrastructure related to the game includes a cricket ground with natural turf pitches and synthetic practice pitches.
Being one of the most popular sports in colleges, table tennis is played by a large number of students in the evenings. We have a dedicated table tennis coach and a well equipped sports department to help the budding players in every way they can.
1. Outdoor and Indoor Sports Facilities: Every student is encouraged to take active part in at least one outdoor activity. Glocal University has set up facilities/grounds for Cricket, Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Table-Tennis, Badminton, Chess, Carom, etc., and league matches are encouraged. We are also planning an inter-college sports tournaments to develop a spirit of healthy competition.
2. Special Coaching: We are proud to have quite a few states-level players who have played in the Nationals. One of our students was selected for the heats of a 5000 meter race in the Commonwealth games. Another student has represented India in Basketball .We plan to arrange special coaching for them so that they make our nation proud.
3. Gymnasium: In order to ensure a sound body and mind, students are given special attention on health and fitness. A modern gym, with all the latest gadgets has been set up in the hostel.
4. Adventure: Taking advantage of the natural beauty of the surrounding Shivalik hills, an ‘adventure club’ has been formed by students, who organize camps for nature-walks, trekking and hiking.
5. While games, sports and athletics directly contribute to physical development of students, other co-curricular activities also indirectly contribute to it. These activities provide a useful channel for the growth and development of the body.