Mohd Wazid Khan
Glocal Law School, Glocal University
LL.M Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India.
Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, India
University Grants Commission
- Assistant Professor (Law) at Glocal Law School, Glocal University, Saharanpur-UP from September 2, 2019.
- Law of Contract
- Law of Tort
- Family Law
- Administrative Law
- Rights of Manual Scavengers in India..
- Paper with the title “Manual Scavenging: A Practice Prohibited, yet Continues” has been published in UGC approved International Journal ‘Asian Resonance’ (P: ISSN No. 0976-8602, E: ISSN No. 2349-9443, VOL.-8, ISSUE-2, April 2019), Page No. 62-68, Impact Factor- 6.104..
- Contributed a chapter with the title “Human Rights, not for Manual Scavengers: The deserted state of rights of scavengers in India” which has been published in the First Edition of the KAAV Publication’s Book with the title “Global Challenges & Solutions” (ISBN: 978-93-86789-88-4), Page No. 263- 278.
- Paper with title “Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Improving the State of Manual Scavengers in India” is published in a Proceeding of International Conference RECCON-19 on Advances in Science and Technology organized by REC, Ambedkar Nagar, U.P. (held on November 28-29, 2019) and Sponsored by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQUIP-3) Published by Manakin Press Pvt. Ltd. with ISBN: 978-93-89296-42-6 Page No- 312-318.
- Presented a Paper in National Seminar on Social, Economic and Political Justice: A vision of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar under Living Constitution of India Sponsored by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) and organized by the University Institute of Legal Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh on the topic “Role of Dr. B.R.Ambedkar in the Empowerment of Socio-economic Status of Manual Scavengers in India” on 14 March, 2020..
- Presented a Paper in National Seminar on Children’s Panorama: Provision, Protection and Participation organized by Nehru Memorial Law College, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan on the topic “Child Pornography: A Menace to Society” on 29 February 2020.
- Presented a Paper in International Conference organized by the Rajkiya Engineering College, Ambedkar Nagar, U.P. on the topic “Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Improving the State of Manual Scavengers in India” on 28 November 2019.
- Presented a Paper in National Seminar on “Indian Constitution and Social, Economic, Political Justice: Issues & Challenges” organized by the Department of Law, School of Legal Studies, Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Lucknow on the topic “Role of International Labour Organization (ILO) in Strengthening the Socio-Economic Condition of Manual Scavengers in India” on 26 November 2019.
- Proposal on “Educational Backwardness of Muslim Community In Post-Independent India: Problem and Prospects” has been accepted for the 6th International ILEM Summer School (IISS) on “Transnational Islam and Challenges of Being Muslim Ummah” held at Istanbul, Turkey from 29 July-04 August 2019.
- Presented a Paper in International Seminar on “Global Challenges and Solution” organized by the Faculty of Law, Lucknow University on the topic “Human Rights, not for Manual Scavengers: The deserted state of rights of scavengers in India” held on 14-15 April 2018
- Attended a National Seminar on E-Resources and E-Access for Study, Teaching, and Research organized by Maulana Azad Library, A.M.U, Aligarh held on August 12, 2017.
- Attended One Week Online National Workshop on ‘Interdisciplinary Research Methodology, ICT Application & Innovations in Teaching-Learning Process’ organized by St. Francis De Sales College, Nagpur, Maharashtra held from 08-12 June 2020.
- Attended three days National Workshop on Research Methodology organized by Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh from 4 to 6 March 2020.
- Attended seven days workshop on Research Methodology organized by AMU Students’ Union in collaboration with Maulana Azad Library, AMU, Aligarh in 2017.
- Attended seven days National Workshop on Research Methodology organized by UGC-HRD Center, AMU, Aligarh, U.P. in 2017.
- Participated in the One Week National Faculty Development Program on "Contemporary Changing Dimensions of Law in India with Special Reference to Covid-19" (online) organized by Amity Law School, Amity University, Lucknow, held from 15th June to 21st June 2020.
- Participated in a five days National Online Faculty Development Program on “Artificial Intelligence” (online) organized by the Sridevi Women’s Engineering College, Hyderabad in collaboration with National Youth Council held from 22 to 26 May 2020.
- Participated in International Virtual Conference on Civil Society and Contemporary Legal Issues organized by the Law Society, Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh and MBC Management Consultants, Switzerland held on 25th July 2020
- Participated in a webinar organized by Associated Chambers of Commerce of India ASSOCHAM on Atmanirbhar Bharat-Role of Higher Education Institutions held on 20 July 2020.
- Participated in an International Webinar on Contemporary Challenges and Importance of Legal Education organised by the Indian Forum for Education, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia held on 18 July, 2020.
- Participated in a National One-Day E-Seminar/Webinar on "Women Empowerment and Gender Justice in India: Issues and Challenges" " organized by Dr. Ambedkar Chair of Legal Studies & Research, Aligarh Muslim University by Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh held on 18th July, 2020
- Participated in a Webinar on ‘Police Reform’ " organized by the Department of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh held on 14th of July, 2020
- Participated in an International Virtual Conference on the topic "Globalization of Justice through ADR" organized by the Law Society, Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh and The Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, New Delhi held on 13 July 2020.
- Participated in A Three Day National Webinar on ‘COVID -19 & Indian Economy’ held from 9th June-11th June 2020 organized by School of Social Sciences, Central University of Gujarat, in collaboration with Students for Holistic Development of Humanity (SHoDH) & Knowledge Partner ICSSR.
- Participated in Webinar on Innovative Ways for Integration of E-learning in Higher Education Organised by National Law University Delhi (NLUD) and Association of Indian Universities (AIU) held on 10 June 2020.
- Participated in an International Webinar on “Online Mediation: Is this the Future of Dispute Resolution National and International Perspectives” organized by Law Centre-II, University of Delhi held on 7 June 2020.
- Participated in a National Webinar on “Our Environment and COVID-19” organized by Eco Club ‘Paritantra ’ of Acharya Narendra Dev College, the University of Delhi on June 5, 2020.
National and International Recognition
- Awarded with Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) Centrally Administered Doctoral Fellowship in the Year 2018-19.
- The paper entitled “Role of Non-Governmental Organizations in Improving the State of Manual Scavengers in India” has been awarded BEST PAPER AWARD in Session one of International Conference RECCON-2019 organized by the Rajkiya Engineering College, Ambedkar Nagar, U.P. on November 28, 2019.
- Invitated to Judge the 1st Babu Pritam Singh Virtual Moot Court Competition organized by J.P.Sharma and Associates, Allahabad, U.P. in collaboration with Glocal Law School, Glocal University, Saharanpur held on 8th August 2020.
- Invited to Co-chair in the National Seminar on Children’s Panorama: Provision, Protection and Participation at Nehru Memorial Law College, Hanumangarh, Rajasthan on 29 February 2020.
- Invited as a Resource Person in the International Conference RECCON-2019 at Rajkiya Engineering College, Ambedkar Nagar, U.P on 28 November 2019 to deliver an Expert Lecture on the topic “Problem of Manual Scavengers in India with special reference to The Prohibition of Employment as Manual Scavengers and their Rehabilitation Act, 2013”.
- Appointed as a Convener of National Webinar on “Office of the Governor: Its Role and Relevance in the light of Rajasthan Controversy” organized by Glocal Law School, Saharanpur held on 10th August, 2020.
- Completed Online Training Programme on Gender, Work and Development organized by V.V.Giri National Labour Institute (VVGNLI), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India held during August 05-07, 2020.
- Appointed as a Member of Editorial Board - Review Committee of International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research -IJSER (ISSN 2229-5518) on 22nd July 2020 to date.
- Appointed as Honorary Member of the Hon'ble Editorial Board of the IJBST Journal Group (ISSN 0974-3987) on June 13th, 2020 to date.
- Organized a Webinar on "Law as a Career" at Centre for Legal Aid and Social Awareness, Glocal Law School, Glocal University, Saharanpur, U.P. on 31 May 2020.
- Appointed as member of Organizing Committee of the International Conference RECCON-2019 held from 28 to 29 November 2019 at Rajkiya Engineering College, Ambedkar Nagar, U.P.
- Worked as Law Trainee with Mr. Salman Khurshid (Senior Advocate) Supreme Court of India in 2011.
- Organized a play for the general awareness of the rural people about the Domestic Violence under the aegis of Law Faculty, A.M.U, Aligarh in 2011.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Appointed as a member of the Online Examination Committee of Glocal University, Saharanpur, U.P. on 26th June 2020.
- Appointed as Coordinator of Annual Debate Competition (Vaad-Vivad) in University Fest, MERAKI-2020 of Glocal University, Saharanpur, U.P. held on 3rd March 2020.
- Appointed as Member of Equal Opportunity Cell for the person with disabilities of Glocal University, Saharanpur from December 07, 2019, to date.
- Appointed as a Member of Proctorial Board of Glocal University, Saharanpur since Sep 17, 2019, to date.
- Appointed as Senior Hall Monitor of Dr. B.R Ambedkar Hall for session 2013-14.
- Appointed as a member of the Food Committee in B.R. Ambedkar Hall for session 2014-15.
- Appointed as a member of the Grievance Committee, Law Faculty, AMU, Aligarh for the session of 2010-11.
- Appointed as Senior House Monitor (Block-A) in Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall for session 2010-11.
- Participated and secured a position in 16 KM Marathon organized by Hiking & Mountaineering Club of Games Committee, AMU, Aligarh on January 25, 2009.
- Organized Hostel Function Sharosh2014 in the capacity of Senior Hall Monitor of the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Hall for session 2014.
- Organized National Short-Film Festival (FILMSAZ09) in 2009.