School of Science & Technology
Glocal School of Science & Technology is a part of young and vibrant Glocal University situated in the western part of Uttar Pradesh. We have a very clear vision to produce world class graduates who are creative, confident, socially responsible and globally employable. Glocal School of Science & Technology offers six degree programs covering all areas of Engineering such as Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Petroleum Engineering as well as Bachelor of Computer Application.
At Glocal School of Science & Technology we focus on ‘knowledge’ and ‘learning’. For that we have adopted a holistic approach to student’s overall development and we impart program and project based learning to facilitate deeper understanding of engineering and science concepts. We encourage multi-disciplinary teaching, learning and research which provide enriching academic environment. We are committed to develop a strong research culture among our staff and students. We are developing world class infrastructure and we aim to attract the best staff and students from our local and global world.
Glocal School of Science & Technology provides nurturing and caring environment for all its staff and students. We encourage free and fare dialogue and open discussions to enrich our school’s activities. Internationalization is the core activity of the school and we welcome international students from all parts of the world. We aim to establish twinning programs, joint degrees, joint research, staff and student exchange with reputed foreign Universities.
We wish to provide global exposure to our students by sending them for internships and study abroad program through our international partners’ network. Glocal School of Science & Technology will strive to become one of the best engineering education destination in India, we will provide incubation center for innovation and giving young entrepreneurs a platform to experiment new ideas and succeed. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, culture or religion and we provide a safe and secure environment for all our staff and students.
Please visit us on your next visit in the region.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
The Glocal University which is a young and vibrant university in Uttar Pradesh easily accessible from Dehradun and Saharanpur houses one of the top private engineering colleges in UP. The Glocal Department of Computer Science educates future computer engineers and computer application scientists. It offers courses in Computer Science at B.Tech. and M.Tech., MCA and Ph.D. The courses emphasize a sound, solid basic knowledge and touches all current trends and emerging areas of computer science, innovation, research and projected based experiential learning provide students to achieve and fulfill industrial requirements and placement. Not only theory the students are exposed to problems in real time and encouraged to analyze and find solutions with creativity and out of the box thinking. This approach along with guidance from a highly experienced faculty make it one of the best computer science engineering colleges in India.
The courses at this school are designed with special emphasis on a systems approach, algorithmic thinking and a knack to find the best and fastest fit for an application. As programs and applications become more user-friendly, it is the exceptions that are taught and also how to use little-known features. The science of computing is addressed with a heavy emphasis on the science part.
The school offers B. Tech. courses. Computer specialists, in our opinion, need a greater exposure to the humanities and to other subjects like business, economics, accounting, astronomy, psychology, core computer science subjects etc., where the use of computers and applications are growing at a fast rate and an appreciation of these areas is needed by the computer specialist. Also, programing and software are areas of intense mental activity and concept We encourage multi-disciplinary teaching, learning and research which provide enriching academic environment. They are committed to develop a strong research culture among our staff and students. They are developing world class infrastructure and we aim to attract the best staff and students from our local and global world. ration and also a demand on creativity which is better developed by ‘soft’ thinking subjects like music, philosophy, world literature, etc. These help promote ‘lateral’ and out-of-the-box thinking so important to one engaged in making computation and computers work for society and the individual.
Glocal University is committed to producing top notch professionals who are capable of giving their best in diverse cultural and professional settings. Glocal School of Science & Technology offers six degree programs covering all areas of Engineering such as Computer Science Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Petroleum Engineering as well as Bachelor and Masters of Computer Application.
BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications)
B.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
B.Tech. in Computer Science Engineering (Cloud Computing & Cyber Security)
M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, maintain nationally recognized research and provide quality professional and community service to the region and the world.
The mission of the Civil Engineering Department is to provide quality education with high professional and ethical standards to work in government and private organizations.
Our Motto is Think Global Act Local
The B.Tech. (Civil) programme delivers one degree: the Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering. However, the students are exposed to some differences in tracks. From 6th Semester, the program offers the students the opportunity for choosing a collection of five elective courses and five open elective courses from a proposed list of elective and open elective courses. The program curriculum currently counts 40 credits in elective and open elective courses that are listed in curriculum. These courses allow the students to achieve more depth in their preferred areas of concentration and some breadth in the various areas of civil engineering. The Graduation Projects and the summer internships will also provide opportunities for the students to focus on areas of specialization of their choice. However, in the degree awarded, only the civil engineering discipline is mentioned and no reference to track or specialization is included.
TASKS OF THE MENTOR
Mentors are supposed to provide educational counseling for students. Their primary responsibility is to evaluate the student’s plan of study to ensure it will satisfy the college and university requirements while it meets the student's specific needs. To be effective, the mentor must recognize that each student has different abilities, interests, aspirations, needs, experience and problems so that his approach in dealing with students can be different from one to another.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
The performance of any programme is evaluated based on the outcome of the graduates rather than outputs. The Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs) formulated for the civil engineering programme are listed below;
- Technical knowledge : Possess a mastery of fundamental knowledge, problem solving skills, experimental abilities and design capabilities for advancing in their carrier.
- Professionalism: Practice the civil engineering profession and follow professional and ethical standards in executing civil engineering and multi-disciplinary projects on a global level.
- Self-Learning: Cope up with advanced technological social, economic, environmental changes thru life-long learning with effective team work, communication skill and leadership qualities.
- Surveying & Geoinformatic Lab
- Strength of Materials Lab
- Fluid Mechanics Lab
- Hydraulic & Hydraulic Machine Lab
- Building Material & Construction Lab
- Structural Analysis Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Transportation Engineering Lab
- Environmental Engineering Lab
B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
M.Tech. in Civil Engineering
Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering
The department teaches core subjects of ECE, offers a range of subjects as electives and facilitates industrial projects, all of which prepare the students for a career after their basic degree. Efforts are made to impart as much project based learning as is feasible. Towards this, investments are made in an on-going manner in having well equipped laboratories, software tools like LABVIEW, MATLAB, SIMULINK to name a few. The department plans to undertake industry sponsored research and has started interactions with other Universities and research groups in industry. The department has dedicated faculty and staff who continuously engage in improving teaching methods and undergo faculty development programs and undertake Research.
To provide world class education in the ECE discipline which encourages practical learning and application to real world problems.
To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, responsible, employable, and ethical and respect the engineering profession and their role and responsibilities as an engineer.
Outcomes of Electronics and Communication Engineering Degree CE
- Graduates should be able to analyse and understand ECE problems and be competent in practical knowledge of ECE discipline.
- Graduates should be competent in providing practical knowledge of ECE education to real world problems.
- They should be competent and confident to work in multi-disciplinary organisations and industry.
- ECE Gradutes should learn project management skills and time management skills during the course of their education.
- They should be aware of code of ethics of engineering profession and their discipline.
- They should have people skills good communication skills and work well in teams, and understand their social and community responsibilities.
B.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
M.Tech. in Electronics & Communication Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department strives to be outstanding education and research leading to well-qualified engineers, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and successful in advanced fields of engineering and research.
- Imparting quality education to the students and enhancing their skills to make them globally competitive mechanical engineers.
- Maintaining vital, state-of-art research facilities to provide its students and faculty with opportunities to create, interpret, apply and disseminate knowledge.
- To develop linkages with world class R&D organization and educational institutional institutions in India and abroad for excellence in teaching, research and consultancy practices.
- The ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, science and engineering
- The ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data
- The ability to design a system, component or process to meet the desired needs
- The ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams
- The ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities
- The ability to communicate effectively
- The ability to apply their board education toward the understanding of the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context
- Recognition of the need for, and the ability to engage in life-long learning
- The knowledge of contemporary issues
- The ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
M.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
Department of Petroleum Engineering
The department provides exposure to students to both the streams of Petroleum Engineering viz. Upstream and Downstream. We also provide fundamental courses on Earth Sciences, Heat and Mass Transfer, Drilling, Well logging and Reservoir engineering, Petroleum refining and about Renewables.
Our emphasis on an industry-friendly curriculum so that the students are well attuned to the nuances of the current research and market trends.
To become a centre of excellence for the development of the country and mankind by providing highly competitive professionals, cutting edge technologies and effective services to the academia and petroleum/hydrocarbon industry.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To provide education and training to the students for serving at national and global levels.
- To develop a strong R&D infrastructure for solving the technological needs of the global economy and human society.
- To develop vibrant and creative learning environment to produce technically sound, ethically strong and morally elevated human resource.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- To train engineering graduates for serving the petroleum, hydrocarbon, chemical & petrochemical industry as well as to cope with the recent challenges of energy harnessing, utilization and management with clear emphasis on sustainable environment.
To create the professionals for cutting-edge research work.
To prepare the highly moral and ethical professional graduates to serve the society.
- An ability to understand the application of basic sciences such as mathematics, science and engineering principles in petroleum engineering problems.
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve the engineering problems.
- An ability to design a system or a process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as techno-economic, environmental and safety.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, analyze & interpret data.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for engineering practice.
- An ability to recognize the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- An ability to understand the recent challenges for sustainable development.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams, both as a member and leader.
- An ability to communicate effectively through reports, presentations & discussions.
- An ability to understand and apply engineering and management principles.
- An ability to engage in life-long learning.
B.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering
M.Tech. in Petroleum Engineering
B.Tech. in Mining Engineering
B.Sc. in Mathematics
B.Sc. in Chemistry