Dr. Amit Kumar
Ph. D,M. Tech
DepartmentofMechanical Engineering, SchoolofTechnology
National UniversityofSingapore, Singapore
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,India
Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,India
1. Professor & Head of School: Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
2. Sci/Engr SD:Semiconductor Laboratory, SAS Nagar, Punjab, India
3. Assist. Professor & Head of Department: Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab, India
4. Research Fellow: National University of Singapore, Singapore
5. Lecturer: Career Study Point, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India
6. Junior Engineer: Saraswati Dynamics Pvt. Ltd. Roorkee, India
1. Mechanical Properties of ultra-thin films
2. Transparent conductive oxide (TCO) thin films and its application in data and charge storage applications
3. Mg based Nano-composite materials for weight critical applications
4. Corrosion in aerospace and marine environments
5. Solar photovoltaic
1. Q. Q. Ke, A. Kumar, X. J. Lou, Y. P. Feng, K. Y. Zeng, Y. Q. Cai and J. Wang Microstructural evolution of charged defects in the fatigue process of polycrystalline BiFeO3 thin films Acta Materialia, 105, 052403 (2014).
2. V. B. Naik, H. Meng, J. X. Xiao, R. S. Liu, A. Kumar, K. Y. Zeng, P. Luo and S. Yap Effect of electric-field on the perpendicular magnetic anisotropy and strain properties in CoFeB/MgO magnetic tunnel junction Applied Physics Letters, 105, 052403 (2014).
3. W. Ong, C. Ke, P. Lim, A. Kumar, K. Y. Zeng, G. W. Ho, Direct stamping and caillary flow patterning of solution processable piezoelectric polyvinylidene fluoride films Polymer, 54, 5330 (2013).
4. D. Y. Min, A. Kumar, H. Pan, K. Y. Zeng, S. J. Wang, P. Yang and A. T. S. Wee, The resistive switching in TiO2 thin films studied by Conductive atomic force microscopy and Kelvin probe force microscopy AIP Advaces, 3, 082107 (2013).
5. Y. Q. Liu, A. Kumar, Z. Fan, Y. Zhang, Q. Q. Ke, K. Y. Zeng, J. Wang, D. J. Singh, K. P. Ong, Ferroelectricity and dipole-dipole interactions in NH4TiOF3 mesocrystals Applied Physics Letters, 102, 232903 (2013).
6. H. J. Liu, P. Yang, Z. Fan, A. Kumar, K. Yao, K. P. Ong, K. Y. Zeng and J. Wang, Uniaxial strain-induced ferroelectric phase with a giant axial ratio in a (110) BiFeO3 thin film, Physical Review B, 87, 220101 (R) (2013).
7. K. Sun, B. Zhao, V. Murugasan, A. Kumar, K. Y. Zeng and J. Ouyang, High performance polymer solar cells with a conjugated zwitterion by solution processing or thermal deposition as the electron collection interlayer, Journal of Material Chemistry 22, 24155 (2012).
8. A. Kumar, T. S. Herng, J. Ding and K. Y. Zeng, Bipolar charge storage characteristics in copper and cobalt co-doped zinc oxide (ZnO) thin film, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 4(10), 5276 (2012) DOI: 10.1021/am301220h.
9. T. S. Herng*, A. Kumar*, C. S. Ong, Y. P. Feng, Y. H. Lu, K. Y. Zeng and J. Ding (* Contributed equally), Investigation of the non-volatile resistance change in noncentro symmetric compounds, Scientific Reports (Nature), 2, 587 (2012).
10. Q. Q. Ke, X. J. Lou, H. Yang, A. Kumar, K. Y. Zeng and J. Wang, Negative capacitance induced by redistribution of oxygen vacancies in fatigued BiFeO3 based thin film, Applied Physics Letters, 101, 022904 (2012).
11. K. Sun, B. Zhao, A. Kumar, K. Y. Zeng and J. Ouyang Highly Efficient, Inverted Polymer Solar Cells with Indium Tin Oxide Modified with Solution-Processed Zwitterions as the Transparent Cathode, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 4, 2009 (2012).
12. S. Chen, X. Li, K. Yao, F. E. H. Tay, A. Kumar and K. Y. Zeng, Self-polarized ferroelectric PVDF homopolymer ultra-thin films derived from Langmuire-Blodgett deposition, Polymer, 53, 1404 (2012).
13. Q. Q. Ke, A. Kumar, X. J. Lou, Y. Wang, K. Y. Zeng and J. Wang, Origin of the enhanced polarization in La and Mg cosubstituted BiFeO3 thin film during the fatigue process, Applied Physics Letters, 100, 042902 (2012).
14. Q. Q. Ke, A. Kumar, X. J. Lou, Y. Wang, K. Y. Zeng and J. Wang, Negative resistance induced by polarized distribution of oxygen vacancies Bi0.9La0.1Fe0.96Mg0.04O3 thin Film, Journal of Applied Physics, 110, 124102 (2011).
15.A. Kumar, F. Yan, K. Y. Zeng and L. Lu, Electric, magnetic and mechanical coupling effects on ferroelectric properties and surface potential of BiFeO3, Functional Materials Letter, 4 (1), 91 (2011).
16. T. S. Herng, M. F. Wong, D. C. Qi, J. B. Yi, A. Kumar, A. Huang, F. C. Kartawidjaja, S. Smadici, P. Abbamonte, C. Snchez-Hanke, S. Shannigrahi, J. M. Xue, J. Wang, Y. P. Feng, A. Rusydi, K. Y. Zeng and J. Ding, Mutual ferromagnetic ferroelectric coupling in multiferroic copper doped ZnO, Advance Material, 23 (14), 1635 (2011).
16. A. Kumar and K. Y. Zeng, Alternative methods to extract the hardness and elastic modulus of thin films from nanoindentation load-displacement data, International Journal of Applied Mechanics, 2 (1), 41 (2010).
17. A. Kumar and K. Y. Zeng, Measurement of hardness of ultra-thin films by the first derivation of load-displacement curve from nanoindentation data, International Journal of Modern Physics B, 24 (1-2), 256 (2010).
18. A. Kumar, R. Jayaganthan, R. Chandra, V. Chawla, A. A. O. Tay, "Nanoindentation study of sputtered Al-Cu thin films for interconnect applications", Electronics Packaging Technology Conference, 2006 (IEEE). EPTC '06. 8th, vol., no., pp.560-564, 68 Dec. 2006.
1. Expert lecture as a part of Faculty Development Program in Emerging trends in corrosion control and surface coating organized by Ferozepur College of Engineering and Technology, Ferozshah from 6th July to 10th July 2015. Topic Technological development in Solar 9th July 2015.
2. Train the Trainer, Academic Staff College, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, 14th Feb 2015.
3. MCQ crafting skill, Academic Staff College, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India, 24th Jan 2015.
4. Technological Advancement in Solar Cell, Center for Energy and Resource Development, IIT-BHU, 19th Jan 2015.
5. Towards Research Excellence, Academic Staff College, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, India, 2nd Sep 2014.
6. Towards engaged Teaching, Academic Staff College, Lovely Professional University, Phagwara 19 Aug 2014.
7. Application of biased Scanning Probe Microscopy techniques for the characterization of multifunctional thin films, Department of Material Science, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India, 6th June 2013.
1. Scanning Probe Microscopy Techniques: Piezoresponse Force Microscopy (PFM), Kelvin Probe Force Microscopy (KPFM), Conductive-AFM, Electrochemical Strain Microscopy (ESM), Magnetic Force Microscopy (MFM), Nanolithography, Electrostatic Force Microscopy (EFM), Band Excitation (BE), Contact Resonance (CR), Temperature and Environmental control SPM.
2. Other Microscopy: FESEM, SEM, AFM, Optical Microscopy, Metallography.
3. Mechanical Characterization: Nanoindentation, Micro-hardness testing, compression and tensile testing, Impact testing, Wear resistance testing, XRD.
4. Fabrication Technique: DC Magnetron Sputtering, Pulse Laser Deposition (PLD), Casting, Extrusion, Machining, Grinding.
PhD. (Materials) with over 4 years postdoctoral research experience in developing thin film materials for data and charge storage applications. Highly developed research oriented qualitative and analytical skills with a strong capacity to conduct independent research. Demonstrated ability to develop goals, objectives and implement strategies through research achievements. Proven ability to conceptualize problems and develop well-reasoned, with excellent communication skill and active participation in seminars, workshops and conferences. Astute professional with extensive teaching experience and high caliber in creating innovative techniques for teaching. High level of initiative in curriculum related as well as extra-curricular areas, developing student-centered, congenial learning techniques to instill enthusiasm in students with emphasis on value education to foster their development to their utmost potential diligent and resourceful professional.